Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Journey to Army Trials


 For Spc. Stephanie Morris, participating at Army Trials 2016 is about more than just competition. It's a way for her to honor her friends and those Soldiers from her unit who died when they were hit by indirect fire in Afghanistan, June 18, 2013.

"I often have flash backs like it was yesterday. It stays with you. I struggled for years. But I also use it as my motivation," Morris said. "When I get down and feel really low, I push through. I push through for them," She added.

One of her roommates died and two others were severely injured from the blast. Morris fractured her left femur and her right foot.

Morris was immediately air lifted to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. The Toledo, Ohio, native received a Purple Heart for injuries sustained in the line of duty, June 20, 2013.

http://www.army.mil/article/163235/Journey_to_Army_Trials/


No comments:

Post a Comment