Thursday, August 11, 2016

Soldier marksman gets his first taste of the 2016 Olympics


For Army Olympian Spc. Dan Lowe, participating in the 2016 Olympic Games is a dream come true.

"It is over the top. Definitively one of the greatest things I ever experienced in my life," Lowe said. "A lot of people are surprised to know there is a group of Soldier-Athletes here."

As a member of the Army's elite Army Marksmanship Unit based in Fort Benning, Georgia, Lowe had his Olympic debut here in Rio on Monday, Aug 8, when he competed in the 10 Meter Air Rifle shooting event at the Deodoro Olympic Shooting facility.

"It was a lot of pressure, but I believe I did some of the best shooting of my life," Lowe said shortly after finishing the competition.

https://www.army.mil/article/173060/soldier_marksman_gets_his_first_taste_of_the_2016_olympics

No comments:

Post a Comment